Factors Affecting Travel Insurance
A comprehensive travel insurance plan typically will cost about 4% to 8% of the cost of a trip when traveling to Thailand. The price will vary depending on:
- Length and cost of the trip: The longer and more expensive the trip, the higher the policy cost.
- Cost of local health care: High health-care costs in your destination can drive up the price of trip insurance.
- Medical conditions you want covered: Conditions you already have will increase the cost of travel insurance coverage.
- Amount and breadth of coverage: The more risks a policy covers, the more it will cost.
- Your age: Generally the older you are, the higher the price.